Friday, February 25, 2011

the hunger

Hi there, I'm back :) The trip to the vet was crazy like I said it would be, thank goodness my dog is pretty well behaved I don't think I could have done it otherwise. I expected her to weigh around 75lbs and she came in at . . .87lbs!!! OMG my poor Mokah, her joints have to be on fire. She is now on a Mommy-imposed diet. The Vet didn't even come in the room, no one mentioned her weight a tech gave her the vaccinations and sent us on our way :/ WTF I honestly expected someone to say something about her being so heavy. Maybe I'm projecting on her, any doc I saw always said something about mine.

For me and my still unnamed band, I've decided to journal my food. I'm not sure if I am gonna post it here or if I can stay honest with myself on paper. I'm thinking to stay between 1100-1300 and see how that goes for me.  I weighed 240 this morning and I've been writing 2 days worth. How do I figure out the calories of meals made from scratch? I used all fresh ingredients last night so that hasn't been written in. Today I ate packaged foods and stayed very conscious of calories and protein but feel hungry a lot sooner. I'm befuddled. I haven't had my first fill, that's scheduled March 9, oh snap that's in less than 2 weeks!! I'll be about 6.5 weeks PO. I'm guessing since my hunger returns in 2.5-3 hours Dr Acheson might be conservative with my fill. I dunno, he doesn't do the support groups, those are run by the Nutritionist. Hell I didn't meet the man (very handsome, southern man) until my pre-op appointment, oh 2 days before surgery. Gotta love the military.

I'm gonna go figure out what to have for an actual dinner, I don't wanna blow my calories on snacking.

~ttyl

1 comment:

  1. i use myfitnesspal app on my iphone. I log my food, exercise and water there and I can see exactly where my protein and carbs/dietary fiber are... It is a great tool.

    ReplyDelete