Sunday, February 27, 2011

Work

Today was my first day back to work. It was fun, I enjoyed it, but I'm not quite sure I want to work at all.


I quit a full time job to be a stay at home mommy oh ... 4 years ago. I had a part time gig at Lane Bryant before quitting so I always had something to do. Jan '08 our son was born and 8 months later we moved to TX. I hadn't worked at all since being here until this past November when I started working for Lane Bryant again. I figured it would be good for a few dollars through the holiday season. I dunno, maybe 2 kids and 2+ years changed me but I don't think I'm cut out for retail anymore, or maybe I outgrew it.

Before, I was a maniac shopper, I have more clothes in my closet than I have reason to wear, it doesn't help that my employee discount is 40% either. So back to today, I worked I looked at all the pretty things and felt out of place. I didn't want to look through those things and find the perfect item for me. It feels wrong to shop, I can see the future and clothes from LB aren't there. I'm not gonna lie, the spring line is really pretty and I can't wait to buy new bras and panties but clothes are not a priority.
Last year my mom had gastric bypass, she was a size smaller than me last spring, now she's dropped 2 more sizes. When she visits next month, I'm getting her summer stuff. I have no reason to shop for clothes, between the things I have and the things she's bringing, I'm set til probably a size 14. I'm currently a 22.


I feel like I'm rambling but I guess I needed to get this out. Hi, I'm a shopaholic that doesn't want to shop for myself. I'm really excited to go through my closet and pull out things that are too big. I'm all for sending clothes to someone who needs it next. Since most of my stuff is LB it's hard for me to donate, I'd rather give them directly to someone, those clothes have a special place in my heart. That's probably why I have so many clothes, in so many sizes, taking up so much space......

~ttyl

2 comments:

  1. i would love to inherit your clothes that are too big. I am still wearing about a 26/28 pants and my tops are 22/24 before I was banded I was out of LB sizes... and even the Avenue. i am thrilled to be back in again, even if I don't have the money to replace my clothes every couple months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, give to the sisterhood! there are always women on here who are more than happy to receive hand me downs! I'm hosting a giveaway here real soon too. mostly 20's, some 18's may be thrown in. and if you really like shopping for others we MUST talk! I am not a big fan of shopping (although it has gotten better the more I lose) I usually PAY my sister to do it for me!

    ReplyDelete